Career Opportunity – Director of Sales
JOB SUMMARY: To manage and oversee the daily operations of the market radio and digital sales department. The successful Director of Sales will use independent judgment and discretion to develop strategies to attain sales revenue and market share goals within the radio market cluster. The DOS sets performance goals and regularly directs the Account Executive sales team in achieving these goals through inventory management, proper pricing strategies and serving customer needs. Previous broadcast sales management experience required.
The Director of Sales manages sales activities of the radio station and digital sales team by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate, market and product goals.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance budgets and goals accordingly.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of department to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Recommends or approves budget, expenditures, and appropriations for the Sales Department.
- Prepare and monitor sales reports showing booked and projected revenues across all product lines.
- Direct market research and development.
- Continuously monitors inventory on all products and sets price schedules accordingly.
- Follow through with established accountability standards developed by corporate, the DOS and Market Manager
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations
- Responsible for maximizing client revenue opportunities with on-going account list management.
- Weekly on-street presence meeting with key clients, assisting AE’s with presentations and in-field coaching
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Participating and being a key member of the leadership team
It is preferred that current employees of Townsquare Media Broadcasting, LLC and affiliated companies have a minimum of six months of service in their present position, and a fully competent performance rating to be eligible to apply for this position.
CONTACT: Marty Lessard, Market Manager
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY:
Townsquare Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.