New Sarah Long Bridge Opening Delayed Again
The new bridge might not be open until later this year, possibly not until early 2018.
In an article at secoastonline.com
Ted Talbot, press secretary for the Maine Department of Transportation, said project administrators would be working with its Maine-based general contractor, Cianbro Corporation, to identify which aspects of the project have caused the opening of the bridge to be pushed back a number of times from its original scheduled opening date of Sept. 1. Earlier this month, officials had projected the bridge opening would be Friday, Dec. 1, but that is no longer the case.
“We’re confident the bridge will be open by year’s end,” Talbot said Wednesday. “Any discussion about delays can take place when the bridge is open, but right now all of our energy and resources are focused on getting this bridge open.”
I feel bad for all the local shops that have had to see their revenues go down during this process.
Hopefully once Rt.1 is connected again, commuters will once again find it an easier route and shop the local shops.