3 Holiday Gifts You Can Afford From Neiman Marcus’ Holiday Catalog
The annual Neiman Marcus Holiday Gift Giving Catalog came out, a/k/a "The Book." In it, there are some outrageously expensive items like:
- A Versace Punching Bag for $1,550, with matching boxing gloves for $3,275.
- A James Bond Aston Martin, (that's a car for us common folk) designed by Daniel Craig himself that comes with a limited edition Omega watch for $700,007.
- A luxury dog house for $70,000. C'mon now. Really? I love my dog too, but... oh wait, I don't have a dog.
- A Moet & Chandon Vending machine. It's $35,000 but does come stocked with 360 mini bottles of champagne.
I can't possibly afford any of these things, but I would like to look through the catalog. It's why I love the Desperate Housewives series. It's filled with things I can't afford, but I love to look.
It may not seem like it, but truly everyone CAN afford SOMETHING from the Neiman Marcus Catalog, oh, excuse me.... The Book. Here are a few of my favorites:
- A Stainless steel straw with cleaner. I hate the fact that straws are not good for the environment. Don't label me because you'd be surprised. All I'm saying is, this seems like a super idea and it would only cost you $20.00.
- A Gold Champagne Pouch. How cool would you look bringing this to your next BYOB party. Only set ya back $34.00.
- A Gold TV Tray. I love the irony of this gift. If you're going to eat in front of the TV, which is every night for me, why not do it with some style? It'll run you a cool $16.00. Fancy.
Some of their "fantasy gifts" go to their non-profit, "The Heart of Neiman Marcus," which helps bring enriching arts experiences to young people because, "ART changes lives." Great. Now I can't even be mad at them for charging such outrageous prices.