America’s 50 Rattiest Cities Include Four in New England
The country's leading pest control company released a list of the 50 cities that needed the most rodent treatments.
The list was created based on the number of rodent treatments Orkin performed from October 1, 2015 to September 30, 2016 and it includes residential and commercial treatments.
Of all the cities in America, Boston, Hartford, Portland, and Burlington are among the most rattiest according to Orkin.
Top 50 Rattiest Cities
- New York
- Washington D.C.
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose
- Minneapolis-St. Paul
- Miami-Ft. Lauderdale
- Dallas-Ft. Worth
- Hartford & New Haven, Conn.
- Portland, Ore.
- Raleigh-Durham, N.C.
- Norfolk-Portsmouth-Newport News, Va.
- Richmond-Petersburg, Va.
- Albany-Schenectady-Troy, N.Y.
- Charlotte, N.C.
- St. Louis
- Buffalo, N.Y.
- Kansas City, Mo.
- Tampa-St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto, Calif.
- Grand Rapids-Kalamazoo-Battle Creek, Mich.
- Rochester, N.Y.
- West Palm Beach-Ft. Pierce, Fla.
- Columbus, Ohio
- New Orleans, La.
- Nashville, Tenn.
- Greenville-Spartanburg-Asheville, S.C.
- Flint-Saginaw-Bay City, Mich.
- Albuquerque-Santa Fe, N.M.
- Portland-Auburn, Maine
- Green Bay-Appleton, Wis.
- Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne, Fla.
- San Diego
- Burlington-Plattsburgh, Vt.
- Madison, Wis.
- Salt Lake City
Boston is no surprise coming in at no. 12 on the list. After all, it's one of America's oldest and largest cities. I am a little surprised where Hartford-New Haven came in on the list. Only because I've been there and it's very rat-friendly so it should be much higher on the list.
The rodent experts at Orkin say that fall marks the start of "rodent season," so watch where you're stepping in these ratty cities!