NH Gamblers – NO CASINO FOR YOU! YOU COME BACK 2021!
According to a report from WMUR, NH has once again shut down the idea for Casinos here in New Hampshire by a vote of 289 - 63. What's worse is that the vote can't come up again until 2021.
I'm not a gambler, however, I have several friends who are and they are all for building a casino right here in New Hampshire. If you can control your gambling, then I am all for it. However, there are some people who just can't. According to addiction.lovetoknow.com, there are some surprising numbers regarding problem gambling:
- 15 percent of Americans gamble at least once per week.
- Approximately two to three percent of Americans meet the criteria for problem gambling. That's around 6 million adults and about a half million teens.
- Youth risk developing a gambling problem at a rate of about two to three times that of adults, and approximately 6 percent of college students in America have a gambling problem.
- About 40 percent of people with a gambling problem started gambling before the age of 17.
- Nevada has the highest prevalence of problem gambling in the country, at about 6.4 percent. (Well, duh.... it's VEGAS, baby!)
If you ARE a gambler, there is a Casino not too far away in Oxford, Maine! Check it out!