Sarah’s Favorite Travel Tip for New Englanders Looking for a Vacation
I don't know about you, but I'm not getting any younger. It's time to book that vacation to your dream destination and here's how:
A few years back - maybe after a significant birthday, I looked around and saw all these people who were much younger than me travelling to places where I have always wanted to go. I thought to myself, if THEY can do it, so can I.
So I did a little digging and found a place for really cheap, all inclusive travel and GROUPON is her name.
For instance, check out this trip to Paris, hotel AND airfare for $499!! I know you have to fly out from JFK in NYC, but who cares! Get a ride to the big city or take a bus - they are cheap enough! I mean, for $499, you can do it.
There are plenty of trips that fly out of Boston too. Like when I went to London on a Groupon deal this past Summer and I couldn't be happier about it. I was there for 8 days, 7 nights, hotel and airfare cost me about $1,300. I thought that was a steal. It was an unforgettable trip!
Also, check out these insider secrets on travel from US News:
- Book the flight 7 weeks in advance
- Buy at the best time: Tuesdays at 3pm EST
- Fly on the cheapest days, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday
- Fly out early
- Check low-cost airline prices individually
- Sign up for free price alert
- Build a relationship with the airline. i.e., get one of their credit cards and fly with them whenever you can. They will give you better deals.