Photo Update on Rescued Snake Plant
Remember a couple months ago when this sad looking snake plant was discovered drying out in an abandoned wing of The Bob Fuller Media Center? You should see it now!
Just this weekend, I finally freed him from his pot and was going to re-pot him into something bigger. It was then that I think I discovered what most of the problem was with its sickly appearance. There was hardly any soil in the pot at all. It was being choked out by its own roots.
I don't know the first thing about proper plant care, so thankfully my Ma told me to separate the four plants and they'll be way better off that way.
I can't believe how much better the color is already. The two plants in the foreground were so yellow, they looked more like bananas just a couple days ago. Within a day of replanting, the two 'healthy' plants seemed that much more healthy and the sick plants actually looked green!
To keep it in perspective, this is what this poor little guy looked like when I discovered him. I was trying to take a picture of a pair of cardinals in this window. They flew away, but upon inspection of the photo, I discovered just how crispy this critter had become.
I was close to throwing it out in the dumpster, but after Sarah cut away the dead parts and watered what was left over, I decided to adopt what remained.
They say snake plants are in the 'hard to kill' category and this escapade has really proven that for sure.