Did you know this?  I just found out that some New England states allow you to get a one-day license without that whole being ordained, so that you can perform a wedding ceremony.

Planning that special day to be as personalized as possible has taken many turns for couples who are looking for something unique. And now that's a bit easier when it comes to who officiates your wedding.

Skydiving Marriage
Getty Images/iStockphoto

Whether it's skydiving or scuba diving, Vegas, or on a beach or mountaintop, we've seen and heard about couples getting married in a variety of ways.  Opting out of the more formal or traditional weddings for that personal, individualized feel has been going on for a while, and that includes who performs the ceremony.

cute underwater wedding groom and bride hand drawn cartoon vector
Getty Images/iStockphoto

We all know those couples over the years that had a friend or family member perform the marriage ceremony. That meant jumping online and getting ordained, first.  Even Joey in "Friends" was ordained and married Monica and Chandler as well as Phoebe and Mike.

However, if you're getting married in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, or Rhode Island ,then rejoice.  All your friend or family member needs to do, according to the state websites, is apply for what's called a One-Day Marriage Designation.  It's basically a special one-day marriage officiant certificate.

In Maine as well as Connecticut and Vermont, your friends and family still need to jump online to get ordained according to those government websites.

Tour Time: Boston's Own Mark Wahlberg Put His Nearly $90 Million Manse on the Market in Beverly Hills

Are you ready for a tour of this insane piece of property truly fit for a movie star? It's listed with Kurt Rappaport of Westside Estate Agency in Beverly Hills, California and photos by Anthony Barcelo of Barcelo Photography

20 Things to Know Before You Go to Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion

Concert Season at Bank Of New Hampshire Pavilion: Here are 20 Things To Know Before You Go.