Here Are 5 Reasons Why George HW Bush Belonged to New England
1. He loved the baseball and baseball loved him right back. The Red Sox paid tribute to him on Twitter posting a picture of him and Youk:
2. George H.W. Bush got his undergrad degree from Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut and according to an article in the New Haven Register, carried Yale with him wherever he went.
3. Yale was not the only Ivy League school 41 had a degree from. H.W. Bush got an honorary degree from Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH
4. George H.W. Bush was born in Milton, Massachusetts, according to an article in the Boston Globe. The article says that people have been leaving flowers at his birthplace since the news of his passing.
5. Most of all, George H. W. Bush called Kennebunkport, Maine his home for him and his family for many, many summers. According to a story from WMUR, many say that George 41 and Mrs. Bush called the Walker's Point location his true home.
With every visit to Kennebunkport, I visit Walker's Point. It's a breath-taking location and there is something special about being there with all the history that surrounds the compound.
Thank you for your service, 41. May you rest in peace and have a view at least as beautiful as Walker's Point.