Pease Greeters Need Donations Due to Many Flights Coming Home
My whole life, I have appreciated the people in the Military. It's a choice to serve this country. The people that I know that have served, however, would say it's a privilege.
Volunteers have greeted troops home with smiles and hugs since 2005. According to the story on WMUR, Frank Lasorsa, Chairman of the Pease greeters, they take the soldiers through the hall of heroes, show them an historic flag and give them water, coffee and donuts.
In the month of June, there are 34 flights coming home, with approximately 6,000 soldiers to pass through.
They are in need of whatever you can give. Come to greet the soldiers or you can make a donation at the following places:
Greeters could also use Walmart gift cards to pay for other coffee and donut supplies.
Items can be dropped off at any of the following locations, as long as packages are identified as being for the Pease Greeters:
- Seacoast Media Group, 111 New Hampshire Avenue, Portsmouth, NH 03801
- Hampton Police Department, 100 Brown Avenue, Hampton, NH 03842
- Service Credit Union, 14 Manchester Square, #190, Portsmouth, NH 03801
- Greenland Police Department, 579 Portsmouth Avenue, Greenland, NH 038403
- Sisters Consignment, 845 Lafayette Road, Hampton, NH 03842
- Concord Fire Department, 15 Broadway, Concord, NH 03301
Anyone can volunteer - and once you do, according to Frank Lasorsa, you'll be hooked.