Dangerous Drug And Food Combinations That No One Told You About
Have you been eating these foods while taking certain medications? Well, think twice before you do it again!
(1) Statins with grapefruit and grapefruit juice: Grapefruit may accelerate the side effects of the medication or, in severe cases, result in organ damage, according to Dr. Oz.
(2) Anticoagulants with garlic and garlic supplements: Garlic may cause blood clots, so be careful how much you eat.
(3) Levothyroxine with walnuts: Dr. Oz says walnuts may decrease the absorption of this drug, which is most commonly used to treat hypothyroidism.
(4) MAOIs (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) with aged or processed cheeses: Your blood pressure could spike, unexpectedly, as per Dr. Oz.
(5) Certain antibiotics (mainly quinolone or tetracycline antibiotics) with dairy products: Don't drink milk or eat any dairy within two hours of taking these antibiotics, because your digestive system may not absorb the drug, rendering it ineffective.
This is not a complete list, so you should always check with your doctor about drug/food interactions.