NH Healthy Habits for the Holiday Weekend
Okay, some people have had the opportunity to relax over the past few weeks due to work circumstances changing. I have a friend who has been working like crazy pulling his hair out during this time, so that statement doesn't apply to him, however, he has HEARD of these people who have done not much of anything over the past few weeks. They've let their diet go to hell, their hair looks like a bees nest and some have watched everything on Netflix. Those are the people I'm talking to. Not my friend. He needs to take a nap and relax this weekend. If you are one of those people who have let your life stop, no judgement here, I'm just thinking you might need a few suggestions to get your life back to being healthy.
Just a couple of weeks ago, the State of New Hampshire Department of Education published healthy habits for well-being, which you can see here.
1. Take Care of You! Get enough sleep, eat well and stay active. One of my favorite things to do is to take a bike ride around the neighborhood. The wind in my hair and the road before me! Ahhhhh.... there's nothing like it. If you don't have a bike, The Shark Morning Show with Sarah and A-Train is giving them away all next week, provided by Cardi's Furniture and Mattresses, Route 1 in Seabrook! These bikes are cool too. If you want to increase your chance of winning, go to their Seabrook store and put your name in a box. Otherwise, listen to the Brain Strain with Sarah and A-Train weekday mornings at 7:10-ish.
2. Check In With Yourself- Be aware of how your are feeling and let others know if you are not doing well.
3. Connect Creatively. If you have a talent, now is the time to explore it. Grab those paints, get that writing notebook out, whatever it is, do it. It will help you.
4. Relax! Take a nap, do yoga, breathe deep. It really helps!
5. Know The 5 Signs of Stress: Not feeling like yourself, feeling agitated, withdrawn, poor self-care, feeling hopeless.