10 Sure Signs Your Neighbor is New Hampshire’s Mega Millions Winner
A new millionaire lives among us, New Hampshire.
It happened on Friday, July 29, when a customer in Salem hit pay dirt at a Market Basket, according to Seacoast Current. The jackpot ticket sold just outside of Chicago was worth a whopping $1.28 billion.
Anyone else hoping it winds up being Oprah?
New Hampshire, meanwhile, remained lucky as Circle K in Tilton sold a ticket worth $20,000, while Shaw’s in North Hampton sent someone home $10,000 richer, Seacoast Current reported.
Of course, many lottery winners are hesitant to come forward due to all the new aunts and uncles that suddenly emerge from the woodwork (though in Northern New England, that’s something we worry more about when it comes to Tinder).
Regardless, you can’t fault the winner should they choose to lay low – but that doesn’t mean you can’t speculate.
So, Here Are Signs You Are Living Next to a Secret Millionaire in New Hampshire:
(1) Instead of a rusted car on their front lawn, there’s a rusted limo on their front lawn.
(2) They now buys furniture from more upscale retailer, Bernard & Phylicia’s.
(3) Their license plate reads “Live Free, Then Get Frozen Like Walt Disney.”
(4) They keep asking race car drivers in Loudon if they have any Grey Poupon.
(5) They insist on wetting slides at Water Country with own can of La Croix.
(6) Instead of using white noise machine at bedtime, they hire Fritz Wetherbee to sit at their bed and talk about Daniel Webster.
(7) They bought a 6-ounce lobster roll at the Beach Plum.
(8) They paid Dan Brown to write 500 pages of clues telling their ex where to shove it.
(9) They got Sununu to name every town Dixville Notch!
And the tell-tale sign your neighbor is a secret millionaire...
(10) After all that, they still had 20 bucks left to buy the Red Sox.