5 Reasons Why You Have To Try This Weird Looking Fruit
"What the heck is this and what do I do with it?" That's what was going through my head as I was shopping yesterday in Hannaford in Raymond. It looked a little like a fish to me, but as it turns out, it's a Dragon fruit, named because it looks like one. Yeah, I can kinda see that now.
The Dragon fruit is a Super Food, according to VictoriaHealth.com. Here are 5 reasons why you should try this really pretty fruit:
- They are rich in vitamins and minerals including vitamin C, B1, B2, B3, calcium, iron, magnesium and phosphorus.
- Dragon fruits are known to decrease cholesterol levels and who doesn't need heart-health, I ask you.
- I can attest to having more energy after eating the fruit, as can many others in the Victoria Health report.
- The Dragon Fruit's pulp is used homemade skincare creams used to treat acne, congested skin and sunburns.
- And, maybe best of all: many people report benefits in trying to lose weight. The fruit is rich in fiber which helps keep you satisfied and will stabilize your blood sugar levels which will prevent cravings and may prvent excess insulin production = lose weight. Fantastic! How many do they have left, I wonder? I'm on my way back in 3....2..... I'm gone!