Ben & Jerry’s Share Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
People magazine put out a story that Ben & Jerry's have shared their recipe for the edible cookie dough in their delicious ice cream!
I know you can buy the snackable treat already made at the store, but why not make it from scratch?!
Here's the recipe that was provided by People:
1 cup flour
8 Tbsp. unsalted butter (1 stick), room temperature
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. heavy cream
½ tsp. kosher salt
½ cup chocolate chips
1. First, heat treat the flour to ensure it is safe to eat. (Do not skip this step, untreated flour can contain contaminants and is not safe to eat.) Place the flour in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring in between. Use an instant-read thermometer to ensure that the flour reaches 165°F throughout.
2. In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the vanilla, cream, and salt. Mix to combine. Then add the heat treated flour and mix to incorporate.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Serve and enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Makes: About 2 cups