This year has presented endless struggles for families all over the world. Businesses are closing, people are losing jobs, people are getting sick and in some cases even losing their lives. To say 2020 has been a bummer is the understatement of the century.

For the Sundstrom family in Dover, New Hampshire, this year just managed to get a little worse.

According to Jaime Yates, on Sunday morning the Sundstrom family awoke to smoke billowing throughout their house due to a fire in one of their bedrooms. Thanks to the working interconnected fire alarms in their home and the quick response from the Dover Fire Rescue, everyone made it out of the house safely including the pets! 

Here comes the bad news. Due to the extreme smoke and water damage, the Sundstrom family won't be able to live in the house for at least six months. As you can imagine, the family could really use financial help to cover hotels, food, clothing, dog boarding, etc.

Jaimie started a donation page on Facebook to help the Sundstrom's through this challenging time. The generosity from our community has been astounding! Last I checked, over $6,500 was raised!

This year has been hard on everyone and the fact that people can still find it in their hearts to help someone in need is just amazing.

Beware of These 50 Jobs That Might Vanish in the Next 50 Years

More From WSHK-WSAK 102.1 & 105.3 The Shark