Eat And Drink Like Tom Brady in 6 Easy Steps
As you may or may not know, I have been reading TB12's book on nutrition. After all, he is the perfect specimen of health and wellness and he does have a lot of great tips on exercise and nutrition. Then I came across this article from CNBC that cites what exactly Tom eats and drinks before a big game. (and that's every game for Tom, is it not?) According to the article, here's his routine.
- Tom wakes up at 6am and drinks 20 ounces of water with electrolytes
- After that, a high fat, high protein smoothie with bananas, blueberries, nuts, seeds and plant-based protein.
- Then he waits two hours and works out (resistance training only) for 40 minutes. Midway through his workout, he drinks more water with more electrolytes.
- Around 11am: Protein powder and almond milk shake
- 12noon: Lunch - 80% veggies, 20% meat protein
- For the rest of the day, the article says that Brady will snack on things like cashews and energy squares from TB12 Sports. He will also have two or three more protein shakes.
There you have it. I don't know about you, but this doesn't sound so easy. I could do this for at least one day though. Wish me luck.