Fun Fundraiser to Support Portsmouth’s Halloween Parade
One of the more fun events surrounding Halloween is the Portsmouth Halloween Parade scheduled for October 31st at 7pm.
It's an all volunteer parade and this year to help with the costs, the inaugural Halloween Costume Paddle and Contest will be held this Sunday to raise funds for the city’s all-volunteer Halloween Parade.
The Seacoast Paddleboard Club has teamed with the Portsmouth Halloween Parade community to host the event off the Peirce Island boat ramp in the back channel. Participants need to register, costumes are strongly encouraged and prizes will be awarded.
Judges will be on hand to select winners for the following categories:
* Best group costume (prizes for up to 12 people); first place prize.
* Best sea life themed costume; first, second and third place prizes.
* Best superhero costume; first, second and third prizes.
* Most original costume; first, second and third prizes.
* Creepiest/scariest costume; first, second and third prizes.
* Funniest costume; first, second and third prizes.
The costumed paddle will be Sun. Oct. 29 from 10 a.m. until noon. Check in will be at 10:00 a.m., the paddle will begin at 11 a.m. and winners will be announced at 11:30 a.m.
All proceeds will be donated to help support the Portsmouth Halloween Parade organization.