Maine Fire Department Photo Dramatically Shows Danger With Grills
Memorial Day is just around the corner, and that means Mainers will be busting out the grills for burgers, steaks, ribs, chicken, you name it. About the only thing you can't grill is a salad.
Grills don't come without hazards though. Whether you grill with propane or charcoal, anytime there's heat and flame, there's always a chance it can get out of control if you aren't careful.
The danger can't be demonstrated any better than with the photo that the Lewiston Fire Department shared on their Facebook page showing the damage caused to a home when a grill got out of control and melted away the siding like it was a stick of butter.
There's a lot of good grill safety tips here from the Lewiston Fire Department, including one tip that I'm going to start following myself. My grill isn't the recommended 10 feet away from the house. It's not right up against it, but I'm going to back that bad boy up another 6 feet to get it where it should safely be.