5 Insanely Weird Insomnia Cures That You’ve Never Heard Of
Last night, I could not sleep a wink. Okay, maybe a wink. I fell asleep at about 8:15pm, then woke up at 9:30pm and could not sleep for the rest of the night. I tried everything. I can usually fall asleep if I meditate, but that wasn't working. I took my blanket and pillow and moved out to the living room to see if that would help. No go. My brain just would not shut off. I tried yoga a 1am, still... nothing. As a matter of fact, I got a little energy from friggin' downward dog.
Anyway, I found a list of suggestions on how to beat insomnia from Reader's Digest. Here are 5 of the highlights:
- Eat fried lettuce. I didn't even know you could fry lettuce. Weird
- Eating raw or fried onions before bed. I love onions, but my husband hates them. I am for this idea.
- Face your bed North. Feng Shui sounds ridiculous to me, but I'm gonna try this one.
- Curling and uncurling your toes. This one makes sense. Muscle relaxation - I'm in.
- Drink Cinnamon and Banana tea. Sounds easy and I'm okay, this one I'm in too!!
I'll let you know how it goes tonight.