5 of the Best Tips to Stay Cool in This Sweltering New Hampshire Heat
The weather has been oppressively hot for the past few days and it looks like it's gong to continue for at least a few days. I am one of those people that LOVE the summer, so I am not complaining by any means, however, I will say that sometimes, even I seek a little relief from the heat.
If you don't have air conditioning like me, (yes, we exist) here are some tips to get you through this stretch of weather:
- Wear loose clothing. Tight clothes are going to make you sweat even more and they aren't comfortable, so go for the cotton and wear loose things.
- Take a cool shower. Your temp will immediately go down a little once you get in to a cool shower. It feels wonderful.
- Put ice in a shallow pan and put it in front of a fan. The cool air is amazingly similar to an air conditioner.
- Sleep without anyone touching you. I know it's great to snuggle, but not when it's this hot.
- Consider sleeping in the basement. We have a guest bedroom in the basement and the temperature difference is so much cooler. You just have to deal with the spiders, but they usually leave you alone. (eyoo!!)