5 Reasons Why You Have to Visit Canobie Lake Park in NH
If you've never been to Canobie Lake Park, you must not be from NH. I feel kinda sad for you because your childhood was not filled with the joy and happiness that mine was! Canobie is opening next month and here are a few reasons why you HAVE to go to again or for the first time:
1. The Rides!!!! The rides at Canobie Lake Park are my favorite, especially the Yankee Cannonball!! Probably because I said a few Hail Mary's before my first time on the ride, (I was maybe.... 10?) and after that, I was hooked. The Tea Cups and the Carousel are right up there too.
2. The Food: Remember when your Mom used to pack a lunch and the whole family would sit and eat by the lake? No offense to Mom, but Canobie now has a huge selection of food, including St. Louis style BBQ! Might I suggest, however, you wait until after you've gone on the Turkish Twist. You know why. I don't even have to tell you, but I will.
3. People Watching: When I mention the Turkish Twist, I can't help but think of people watching. One of my favorite things to do when I was too short to ride the Turkish Twist was to count how many people made the fatal flaw of eating BEFORE they got on that ride. Maybe of them lost their lunch. Eyoo. The dark side of me still thinks that's kinda funny.
4. Castaway Island!! When I was a kid going to Canobie, all they had for water was a pool on the left, as you walked in to the park. MAN, times have changed. Now they have a HUMUNGUS water park, Castaway Island! I can't even tell you how awesome this place is. You're gonna have to go and see for yourself!!
5. The Memories! This is the BEST reason that I love Canobie. It is LITERALLY my happy place. It was a time when both my parents and my aunts were still alive. When I go back there today, a piece of them goes with me and brings them back to me - if only for a little while.
I'll see you at the Park!