5 Things Nobody Tells You About Being A Mom
On Mother's Day weekend, I wanted to share a few things that nobody tells you about being a Mother:
- When you are choosing the name of your child, you have no idea how often you will say that child's name. Over and over and over again, so you better REALLY like it.
- You will only have a short time with your children, so don't choose work over spending time with them, especially when they are very young. The time will go by in the blink of an eye and your heart will forever ache for those days to return.
- No matter how much you think you will be able to handle your new baby, you will be overwhelmed and dying for 10 minutes to just take a shower, or a nap.
- Every fiber of your being will want to protect your child, however, if there are times that you know they will fail, let them if you can. You won't be there forever and your child will need to know how to survive without you.
- Finally, if you have a child (or more than one), consider yourself blessed. Regardless of what is going on with him or her, you have experienced Motherly love. For me, that has been the greatest thing that has ever happened to me and I suspect that it will remain that way for the rest of my days.
I love you, Colin. Thanks for making me a Mom. And to my step-kids, I wish I was there to change your diapers; but maybe you'll get the chance to change mine. hahaha!!! OH, Sully!!