5 Things To Do When the Power Goes Out in NH
Yesterday, we had a lot of power outages around NH and here are some ideas on how to keep boredom away when the power goes out.
1. Read a REAL BOOK! I have tons of real books that you can actually hold in your hand and I love them. I admit, I DO have a kindle, but there's nothing like holding a book. Easier on the eyes and the aesthetic beauty of a bookshelf with actual books on it - is lovely.
2. Dance like nobody's watching! This is a great time to get some exercise in. Sometimes, it takes boredom for me to find the time to exercise.
3. Talk to people! Have a conversation with the people around you. I admit, these days it sometimes feels awkward, even talking to your family, but the more you have face to face conversations, the more connected you will feel without a smart device in your hand or a TV in front of your face.
4. Cook on the grille: When the power goes out at my house, I immediately go to the fridge and pull out the frozen meat and throw it on the grille. It can't go to waste, so we tend to cook a ton of food with no power in the house.
5. Take a nap! This is a big one for me because I get up waaay before dawn. Every chance I get at a nap, I get.