New Hampshire fire officials are warning residents to follow manufacturers’ recommendations when using fireworks after numerous people were injured while using sparklers in New Ipswich.

Photo, Thomas Lohnes, Getty Images
Photo, Thomas Lohnes, Getty Images

The fire marshal’s office says a number of sparklers were set inside a glass bottle and lit on Friday night during a social gathering.

The bottle exploded, scattering glass fragments that injured a number of people.

Nine people reported being injured. Five were transported to a local hospital and released.

This is the time of year when A-Train's "stupid news' is filled with people doing stupid things with fireworks and hurting not only themselves, but others as well.

And as much as we like the 'thinning of the herd', just follow the instructions and we'll all be better off.

More From WSHK-WSAK 102.1 & 105.3 The Shark